After I successfully made the cheesecake using my rice cooker, I thought my crust-less Quiche would be easy to cook in the same method. This is a hard-to-fail recipe as I add some Flour to the mixture. Rice Cooker is so easy and energy-efficient way to cook a Quiche, but you would rather bake it in the oven.
I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter.
1/2 to 1 Onion *finely chopped
1/2 Red Capsicum *cut into small pieces
1/2 cup Frozen Peas *OR chopped Asparagus
Salt & Pepper
150g Ham *chopped or shredded
1 cup grated Tasty Cheese *Cheddar Cheese
4 Eggs *lightly whisked
1 cup Cream
1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper.
- Place finely chopped Onion, Red Capsicum and Frozen Peas in a large heat-proof bowl, cover with a plate, and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Add chopped or shredded Ham, and cook in the microwave for 1 more minute. *Note: Naturally you can do this cooking process using a frying pan.
- Add other ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot and press ‘Start’ button at ‘Cake’ setting.
- If it is not cooked yet, leave it in the hot rice cooker for 10 more minutes or heat extra time. Turn out on a plate, and carefully peel away baking paper. Serve hot or cold.
- *Note: I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter. It took 40 minutes to cook.
- Oven Baking: Pour the mixture into a buttered baking dish, and bake in the oven at 200℃ for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
Leave a Reply