DO NOT judge this dessert by this photo. I wish if I could have taken the photo as I was drizzling the Coconut Milk over the pudding. This rubbery pudding is delicious and I guarantee that. If you have never tasted Muscovado Syrup and Coconut Milk together, you got to try it. If you can’t find Muscovado, try Dark Brown Sugar.
1/2 cup Sago (Seed Tapioca) OR Small Tapioca Pearls
2 tablespoons Sugar
Muscovado Syrup to serve *see ‘Method 5’
- Place plenty of Water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add Sago (Seed Tapioca) and cook over medium low heat, occasionally stirring, for 15 to 20 minutes or Tapioca Pearls are almost transparent.
- *Note: Do not overcook Tapioca Pearls until completely transparent because they might dissolve in water. Small white dots will mostly disappear. Follow the instruction on the package.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, and return to the saucepan. Add Sugar and mix to combine, then spoon into jelly moulds. Place in the fridge and leave to set completely. *Note: Wet the jelly moulds with water before use.
- Enjoy the rubbery Sago Pudding with Muscovado Syrup and Coconut Milk.
- How to make Muscovado Syrup: Place 2 tablespoons Muscovado and 1 tablespoon Water in a small heat-proof bowl. Bring to the boil in the microwave and stir well. The syrup will thicken when cooled.