This dish is basically Teriyaki Chicken, and I added Sweet Potatoes that I steamed. You can cook them in your favourite method. And today I used Japanese Sweet Potatoes, that have silky texture and superior flavour. However, the most common orange coloured Sweet Potatoes can be used. I added a little bit of Chilli to the sauce but it is optional.
500g Sweet Potato *I used Japanese Sweet Potatoes
300g Chicken Thigh Fillets *cut into chunky bite-size pieces
Oil for cooking
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 tablespoons Water
Chilli Flakes *optional, as required
- Wash and scrub Sweet Potatoes well, then cut into bite-size pieces. *Note: You can peel if you prefer, depending on the type of Sweet Potatoes.
- Steam Sweet Potato pieces until soft. You can bake OR microwave them.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Chicken pieces until nicely browned and almost cooked through.
- Add Sweet Potato pieces and the Sauce, stir to combine, then cook, occasionally stirring and tossing, until sauce is gone and slightly caramelised.
- Sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds and serve.
Leave a Reply