When I buy Celery, I always buy a large bunch with lots of leaves, so that I can cook this stir-fry. Do not waste leaves and thin stalks. This stir-fry is a great topping for freshly cooked rice. It is so tasty, and even my son, who doesn’t like Celery, seems to be enjoying it. My husband, who hates Celery, is tough…
400 to 500g Celery Leaves & Thin Stalks *finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1/4 teaspoon Chilli Flakes * add more if you like
1 pinch Salt
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
2 sachets Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes)
- Wash the Celery Leaves and Thin Stalks and finely chop up. You will get around 400 to 500g of them from one large bunch of celery.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat and cook Celery Leaves and Thin Stalks. Add Chilli Flakes and Salt.
- When slightly softened, add Sugar, Soy Sauce and Mirin, and keep cooking, stirring well, until the sauce is almost gone.
- Add the Toasted Sesame Seeds and Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes), and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Enjoy it with freshly cooked Rice. This mixture is a perfect topping for Tofu, too.