‘Ponzu’ is such a versatile sauce. These Chicken Wings, Winglets or Nibbles are cooked in the Ponzu based sauce which contains a lot of rice vinegar. But the result is not sour. These types of Chicken pieces are quite greasy and the vinegar improves the greasy flavour.
I used to bake these finger licking sticky chicken wings but I am cooking differently these day. I just simmer them in a pot and it is so easy. You should try this dish.
4 to 6 Servings
Chicken Wings, Winglets or Nibbles 1.2 to 1.5kg
‘Ponzu’ 1 Cup *OR Rice Vinegar 1/2 Cup & Soy Sauce 1/2 Cup
Sugar 1/4 Cup *can be replaced by your favourite sweetener
Garlic 2 cloves *grated
Ginger 2 teaspoons *grated
- Heat a frying pan or a pot, non-stick preferred, brown the Chicken pieces. This process can be skipped but the result would look a lot better.
- Place Ponzu (or Rice Vinegar and Soy Sauce), Sugar, Garlic and Ginger in a pot or a deep frying pan, bring it to boil.
- Place the browned Chicken pieces in the sauce, cover with the lid and simmer over a medium to low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, skim the excess fat, then cook over a high heat until the sauce is almost gone.
- You may wish to top some sliced chilli and green for garnish, then serve hot.
Leave a Reply