Here is another simple stir-fry dish that you can try. I like to use Chicken Breast Fillet for this dish, but you can use Thigh Fillet OR Tenderloins instead. Pork OR Beef can be used. You might be familiar with the flavour of this stir-fry as many Chinese takeaway stores sell dishes in this flavour. This recipe requires only Chicken and Spring Onions, but naturally you can add other Vegetables and Asian Mushrooms.
1 large Chicken Breast Fillet *350 to 400g
*Note: You can use other parts of Chicken such as Thigh Fillet. Pork OR Beef can be used.
Salt & White Pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons Potato Starch *OR Corn Starch
1 to 2 tablespoons Oil
1 clove Garlic *chopped
1 small piece Ginger *cut into fine strips
Chilli Flakes as required
3 to 4 Spring Onions *cut into 4-5cm long pieces
1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar *Important!
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- Cut Chicken Breast Fillet into bite-size pieces, lightly season with Salt and White Pepper, then coat with Potato Starch.
- Combine the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Prepare all other ingredients before you start cooking.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Chicken pieces until nicely browned.
- Add Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and thick parts of Spring Onion, and stir for a few minutes, then add softer parts of Spring Onion.
- Add the Sauce and stir for a minute, then add Rice Vinegar, and stir to combine. Serve with freshly cooked Rice.