‘Sweet Chilli Prawns’ is a very popular dish and I have my own recipe, but it is much easier to cook if you use store-bought Sweet Chilli Sauce. Today I cooked it for my lunch and made it into this Rice Bowl. There is softly cooked Egg underneath the Prawns. It was yummy!
100g shelled Prawns *thawed if frozen
Salt & White Pepper
1 teaspoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch
1/4 Onion *finely chopped, Spring Onion can be used
1 small clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 teaspoon Oil *plus extra
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
2 tablespoons Sweet Chilli Sauce
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water *OR Chicken Stock
1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce)
1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine all the Sauce ingredients.
- Place shelled Prawns in a bowl, add 1 pinch Salt, White Pepper and Potato Starch, mix well, and set aside.
- Finely chop up Onion and Garlic. Whisk Egg in a bowl and season lightly with Salt & White Pepper. Prepare everything before you start cooking.
- Start heating a small frying pan over medium heat. Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice while you are waiting the pan to heat up. Add Oil to the pan and cook Egg softly, then place the softly cooked Egg on the Rice.
- Add some extra Oil to the pan, cook Onion and Garlic. When softened, add Prawns, and cook stirring and turning occasionally. *Note: If you use Spring Onion, cook Prawns first.
- When Prawns are cooked, add the Sauce. When the sauce has thickened, it is done. Pour the Prawn mixture over the Egg and enjoy.