Italian Pizza was introduced into many countries and unique localised Pizzas have developed. This ‘Teriyaki Chicken Pizza’ is actually quite popular in Japan. Many pizza shops sell it. Mozzarella is really versatile and it goes quite well with Teriyaki Sauce.
Pizza Base *Try my ‘Super Quick Pizza Base’
2 to 3 tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
2 Shiitake Mushrooms OR Button Mushrooms *thinly sliced
2 tablespoons finely chopped Onion
100g Mozzarella Cheese OR Pizza Mix *shredded or torn into small pieces
1/4 sheet Toasted Nori *cut into fine strips
350 to 400g Chicken Thigh Fillets
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoon Oil
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar *optional
- Combine Mirin, Sugar, Soy Sauce and Rice Vinegar in a small bowl. Lightly season Chicken with Salt.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, and cook Chicken until golden. Remove excess Oil using paper towel if you want to do so, then pour the sauce over and keep cooking until the sauce thickens. Transfer to a plate and cut into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Thinly spread Japanese Mayonnaise over the Pizza Base. Mix Mushrooms slices and Chicken pieces with the sauce, and scatter over the Pizza Base evenly. Add finely chopped Onion and Mozzarella (OR Pizza Mix).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until nice browned. Sprinkle with shredded Toasted Nori and enjoy.