Use my ‘1-Hour Focaccia’ recipe to make this ‘Twisted Garlic Bread’ in 1 hour. Butter can be replaced with Olive Oil to suit your preference. This ‘Twisted Garlic Bread’ and ‘Pull Apart Garlic Bread’ are perfect to share with your family or friends.
3/4 cup Warm Water
1 teaspoon Dry Yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Butter (*softened) OR Olive Oil
2 cups Bread Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
30g Butter *softened
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 teaspoon Dry Italian Herb Mix *OR finely chopped fresh Basil
- Place Warm Water, Dry Yeast and Sugar in a bowl, mix gently and set aside.
- Place Bread Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl, and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and Butter (or Olive Oil). Mix well to form a soft dough. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide the dough into 2 to 4 portions, roll or stretch the dough, then place on the baking paper, twisting, to form a shape that you like. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 30-40 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix softened Butter (or Olive Oil), Garlic and Herb.
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Spread the garlic butter evenly and sprinkle with some Salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- *Note: Save some garlic butter and spread over the bread after bread is baked, if you want glossy finish.
Leave a Reply