The Udon noodles can be replaced with Ramen noodles, but they need to be COLD for this dish. On a hot and humid summer day in Japan, I often lost my appetite for food. A cold noodle dish like this one was life saving. If you have a good appetite, simply enjoy this delicious dish!
Udon Noodles 2 servings *cooked and chilled
Chicken Breast Fillet 1
Sake 1 tablespoon
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Vegetables of your choice
*Suggestions: Cucumber, Lettuce, Carrot, Capsicum, Tomato, Spring Onion, Wakame, etc.
Sesame Sauce Ingredients
Toasted Sesame Seeds 2 tablespoons
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce 3 tablespoons
Rice Vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Tear Chicken Breast Fillet into 2 to 3 pieces so that they will cook quickly. Cook the Chicken pieces in salted water with Sake. When cooked, take them out and cool slightly and tear them into thin strips.
- Make thin omelette with Egg and slice into thin strips.
- Prepare vegetables. Slice them into thin strips. Cut Tomato into small pieces.
- Make Sauce. Grind Toasted Sesame Seeds until moist, then add other ingredient and mix well.
- Cook Udon Noodles as instructed and chill in cold water, then drain well.
- Place well drained cold Udon Noodles on a plate, arrange Chicken, Omelette and vegetables on top of the noodles, drizzle the sauce over and enjoy.