When I make Beetroot & Potato Salad, I usually add Sour Cream and Japanese Mayonnaise. Today I decided to use vinaigrette to make this Ukrainian inspired salad, but this is my super easy version. I thought the brine in the jar of Dill Pickles can be used as vinaigrette, so I used it to season the salad. And for the colour, I added some liquid from the can of Beetroots. This salad is super easy to make, and delicious & nutritious.
1 can (425g) diced Beetroots *drain and save the liquid
2 medium Potatoes *about 300g
1 cup Frozen Peas
1-2 Dill Pickled Cucumber(s)
Salt & Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1-2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Dill
- Drain canned Beetroots and save the liquid. If not diced, cut into small dice, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Peel Potatoes and Carrot, cut into small dice in the size similar to Beetroots. Cook in the salted water in a saucepan until soft.
- Meanwhile, cut Pickled Cucumber into small dice or pieces, and add to the bowl. Coarsely chop Dill leaves and add to the bowl.
- When Potato pieces are cooked, add the frozen Peas to the saucepan, then drain all together. Carrot might be still firm but it is desired. Add the drained vegetables to the bowl.
- Add some red liquid from the can of Beet Roots and also some brine from the jar of Dill Pickles. Today I added 2 tablespoons of each liquid. Add Olive Oil. Season with Salt & Black Pepper, and mix to combine.
Leave a Reply