When you use fillet type Soy Meat (Soy Protein) for stir-fry, you must marinate them. Otherwise, Soy Meat fillets would be bland and dry. This is the dish I usually cook with thinly sliced Pork. I only use a very small amount Oil when I cook this dish with Pork, but I needed to add more Oil for this Vegan version. Serve it with freshly cooked Rice.
80g Dry Soy Meat *Fillet type
2 tablespoons Oil
1/4 Cabbage *400 to 500g
1 Green Sweet Chilli OR Green Capsicum
1 clove Garlic *grated
1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Mirin
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch
2 tablespoons White Miso
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
1 teaspoon Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce)
- Soak Dry Soy Meat in plenty of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and squeeze to remove excess water, then soak in fresh water, drain and squeeze to remove excess water again. *Note: This process is to remove unpleasant smell from Soy Meat. It might be unnecessary, or you wish to repeat a few times.
- Combine the Marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl, add the softened Soy Meant and mix well, and set aside for ten minutes.
- Cut Cabbage and Green Sweet Chilli (OR Green Capsicum) into the size that is easy to eat. Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan or wok, cook Cabbage and Green Sweet Chilli a few minutes. When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the marinated Soy Meat, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the Miso Sauce and stir-fry for a few minutes. Serve with freshly cooked Rice.