One of the most popular and authentic Japanese salad. This type of salad is called ‘Ae-mono’. This particular ‘Ae-mono’ is one of the refreshing dishes that I sometimes have a craving for when I am very tired.
1 Continental Cucumber OR 2 smaller ones *about 300g
2 to 3 tablespoons Dry Wakame
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl. Add Salt and massage, then allow to rest for a while.
- Soak the Dry Wakame in cold water until soft, drain well.
- Combine Sugar, Rice Vinegar and Soy Sauce to make dressing. Alter the amount of Sugar and Soy Sauce to suit your taste.
- Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water, and combine Cucumber, Wakame and Dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.