Do not worry about thinly slicing Beef for ‘Sukiyaki’. Use Beef Mince! It is easy and tastes the same, but a little bit hard to eat. So, place it on top of the rice and make it a yummy ‘Donburi’ dish!
500g Beef Mince
1 Onion1 Carrot
1/4 (about 300g) Wombok (Chinese Cabbage)
2 Spring Onion
*Note: You can add Shiitake, Shimeji, Spinach, etc.
1 tablespoon Oil
4-5 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 cup Dashi StockOR Water
4 servings Cooked Rice
- Slice Onion and Carrot. Cut Wombok about 2cm.
- Heat Oil in a large fry pan cook Beef Mince. When the beef starts to change colour, add vegetables and cook for a few minutes.
- Add Dashi (OR Water), Sugar, Mirin and Soy Sauce and let everything cook in the sauce.
- When the vegetables are soft, crack and place the Eggs apart from each other onto the mixture and let them half cooked.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly Cooked Rice and cover with the Sukiyaki mixture with one Egg each.