Sweet & Sour Chicken is yummy as it is. But it tastes even better with this homemade Tartar Sauce. Are you skeptical about Sweet & Sour Chicken with Tartar Sauce? Once I was, and I was surprised when I first tasted it. Why don’t you try it? This dish might become one of your favourite chicken dishes.
Chicken Thigh Fillets 500 to 600g
Salt & Pepper
Eggs 1 to 2 *whisked
Oil for frying
Sweet & Sour Sauce
Soy Sauce 4 tablespoons
Sugar 4 tablespoons
Rice Vinegar 4 tablespoons
Onion 1/4 *finely chopped
Pickled Gherkin or Cucumber 1 small *finely chopped
Boiled Egg 1
Parsley *finely chopped
Japanese Mayonnaise 4 tablespoons
Whole-grain Mustard 1 teaspoon
- Make Sweet & Sour Sauce by combining all the ingredients. You can alter the amount of each ingredient to suit your taste.
- Make Tartar Sauce by combining all the ingredients. Coarsely chop up the Boiled Egg and mix with all other ingredients.
- Cut the Chicken Fillets into 3-4cm pieces and Salt & Pepper. Coat with Plain Flour, then Egg.
- Heat Oil, deep enough to cover chicken, to 170ºC and cook chicken until golden. Place the hot fried chicken pieces into the Sweet & Sour Sauce and marinate for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with Tartar Sauce on top or side.