Mug Cakes are easy to make if you have a microwave. Based on my ‘Instant Mug Cake’ recipe, I made Apple Mug Cake the other day. The result was not satisfactory. I should have peeled the Apple. I used only 1/2 Apple but it was not enough. And the cake was drier than I expected. I alter the recipe and method. Now I can share the recipe with you. When you crave Apple Cake, this can be an alternative.
1 Serving *I used 380ml mug
1 tablespoon (15g) Butter *1 tablespoon is 15ml
2 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Self-Raising Flour
1 tablespoon Sultanas *optional
Sour Cream, Thickened Cream OR Vanilla Ice Cream, etc.
- Place Butter in a mug. Peel Apple, cut into small thin pieces, add to the mug, and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again for 1 more minute. *Note: I used 1000W microwave.
- Add Sugar and mix well. The volume of Apple is now reduced, Apple is softened, and some juice has come out.
- Add Egg, stir well, then add Self-Raising Flour and some Ground Cinnamon, and mix well until smooth. You may wish to add Sultanas.
- Microwave for 1 to 1 & 1/2 minutes OR until cooked. I cooked for 1 minute and 20 seconds in 1000W microwave. *Note: The cake rises high but it will shrink.
- Add some extra Ground Cinnamon if you like it, and enjoy with Sour Cream, Thickened Cream OR Vanilla Ice Cream, etc.