My ‘Blueberry & Sour Cream Pie’ has been popular and I am loving its sour cream filling that is so easy to make. This filling works well with many other fruit, with or without pie crust. Today I simply packed a pie dish with Apple, poured the sour cream filling over and baked it. Easy and delicious!
I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
*You can use 4 Ramekins for individual serves
4 Apples * I used Granny Smith Apples
1 tablespoon Corn Starch Flour
2 tablespoons Sultanas *OR Raisins, chopped Dried Apricot, etc.
200ml Sour Cream
1/4 cup Caster Sugar *add extra 1-2 tablespoons if you like it sweeter
1 large Egg
1 tablespoon Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter inside of the pie dish (OR ramekins).
- Wash Apples, remove the core (and skin) and cut into about 2cm pieces.
- Place the Apple pieces in the pie dish, sprinkle with Corn Starch Flour, and mix to combine. Scatter Sultanas over.
- Combine Sour Cream, Caster Sugar, Egg and Flour in a bowl, then warm in the microwave. Do not cook the mixture, you just need to warm it at low power for a few minutes. Pour the mixture over the Apple pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Enjoy warm or cold.