My Super Easy Cobbler recipes are all literally super easy. Basically, you melt Butter in a baking dish, pour the Batter that is made with Flour, Sugar and Milk, then add Fruit, and bake. Using canned Fruit, it can be made any time, really quickly. Today I used canned Apple slices. Of course you can use fresh Apples instead of canned ones.
1 can (410g) Apple Slices *firm type recommended, you might need 2 cans
*Note: You can use 3-4 fresh Apples, peeled and sliced
2 to 3 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Cream OR Ice Cream to serve
60g Butter *melted
1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain the canned Apple Slices and place the slices in a heat-proof bowl. Some canned Apple Slices contain a lot of liquid. In that case, you might need 2 cans. *Note: If you use fresh Apples, you need to precook them until softened.
- Heat the Apple slices in the microwave for 2 minutes OR until warm. You can heat them in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add Caster Sugar, Salt and Cinnamon, and roughly combine.
- Place chopped Butter in the baking dish and microwave to melt, OR spread melted Butter in the dish. Combine all other Batter ingredients in a measuring jug OR bowl, and pour it over the melted Butter evenly.
- Spoon the Apple mixture over the Batter evenly, and bake for 30 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Serve Apple Cobbler warm, with Cream OR Ice Cream.