Banana Prawns were on special and I bought 500g. When I was shelling and deveining them, my hand became very itchy. When I finished the preparation of Prawns, I couldn’t stand the itchiness. I washed my hands throughly and had a look at them. OMG!!! My hands were very red. It must have been an allergic reaction. I will wear rubber gloves next time. By the way, these Baked Crumbed Prawns were delicious. I had no allergic reaction.
500g large Prawns *I had 250g after shelled
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine)
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
3 to 4 tablespoons Plain Flour
1 large Egg *whisked
1 cup ‘Panko’ Breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/6 teaspoon fine Salt
Tartar Sauce OR your favourite sauce to serve
- Clean Prawns, remove shells, devein, and make some cut on the lower parts of the Prawns, so that the Prawns won’t curl up. *Note: If you stretch the cut area and break the fibre, you can keep the Prawns almost straight.
- Sprinkle with Sake (Rice Wine), lightly season with Salt & Pepper, sprinkle with Onion Powder, and set aside.
- Prepare three bowls. One for Flour, one for Egg and one for ‘Panko’ Breadcrumbs. Add Olive Oil and Salt to ‘Panko’ and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 220℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coat the Prawns with Plain Flour generously, dip into whisked Egg, then coat with ‘Panko’. Arrange them on the prepared tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes OR until nicely browned. If your Oven has a fan-forced baking setting, it would be perfect, and cooking time can be shorter.
- Serve immediately, with Tartar Sauce OR your favourite sauce.
Leave a Reply