Squid is a sustainable seafood and not expensive. If you like Squid Rings and Salt & Pepper Squid, but can’t be bothered cooking them at home using hot oil, you can try my ‘Baked Salt & Pepper Squid’. It’s my recipe, so it can’t be difficult. You only need the Oven.
2 to 4 Servings
500g Whole Squid *cleaned
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Ground Chilli *optional
1/2 cup ‘Panko’ Bread Crumbs
1 tablespoon Olive Oil *plus extra to oil a baking dish
- Preheat oven to 240 to 250°C. Oil a baking dish or baking tray.
- Clean the Squid and cut Tentacles into pieces and Body into 1cm thick rings. Place in a bowl, add Garlic, Ginger, Salt, Black Pepper and Chilli, massage well, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine ‘Panko’ Bread Crumbs and Olive Oil, mix well.
- When the oven is hot, add Squid pieces to the ‘Panko’ mixture, avoid any liquid, and combine to coat the Squid pieces with ‘Panko’. Place in the prepared baking dish, spread evenly in a single layer if possible, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- *Note: Serve with Lemon Wedges if you like it.
Christina from Sweden
Thank you for a delicious recipe that was so easy to make and tasted so good. So nice to be able to do a lot at once, and not have to deep fry for once.
Hi Christina from Sweden. Thank you for such a positive comment. Just thinking about someone in Sweden cooked my recipe makes me so happy.