The other day, we bought Fish & Chips and some Fried Seafood from a local Fish & Chips shop. It cost us a lot and we were totally disappointed. The food was not worth the money we spent. Today I cooked this amount of Beer Battered Fried Seafood using Marinara Mix (Seafood Mix) that I bought from a fish shop, which cost less than half the cost we spent at the Fish & Chips shop. And you know it is easy to cook.
600g Seafood Mix *Prawns, Fish, Squid, Scallops, Mussels, etc.
2 to 3 tablespoons Rice Flour OR Plain Flour
Oil for frying
3/4 cup Plain Flour
1/4 cup Rice Flour OR Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch)
1/4 teaspoon Fine Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder *OR grated 1 clove Garlic
1 cup COLD Beer of your choice
- Heat deep Oil to 180℃. Sprinkle Rice Flour (OR Plain Flour) over Seafood pieces, and coat them well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Plain Flour, Rice Flour (OR Potato Starch, Corn Starch), Fine Salt and Garlic Powder. Add COLD Beer and mix well.
- Dip the Seafood pieces in the batter and fry in the oil until nicely browned and crispy. Seafood can be cooked fairly quickly. Take them out and lay them on a rack to drain the oil.
- Sprinkle with extra Salt and enjoy while hot.
- *Note: If you have leftover batter, do not waste it. Add some sliced Onion and Carrot to the batter, and fry large tablespoon sized clumps until golden.
Leave a Reply