Oven-baking is the easiest way to cook ‘Okonomiyaki’ for a larger number of servings. Mix plenty of shredded Cabbage with the simple batter, add your favourite ingredients, spread it over a baking tray, and bake it in a hot oven. Today I made Seafood Okonomiyaki. As Seafood can be cooked quickly, I mixed them with Cabbage mixture. This is perfect for a family dinner and also to entertain your guests.
4 to 6 Servings
2 cups Self-Raising Flour *plus extra
2 cups Water
1 pinch Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dashi Power *optional
1/2 Cabbage *add as much as you like if you can combine with the batter
300g Seafood *I used Prawns, Squid and White Fish, cut into bite-size pieces
Aonori (Dried Green Laver Flakes)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Mix Flour, Water, Eggs, Salt and Dashi Powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shredded Cabbage and mix well. You may add more vegetables such as Carrot and Spring Onions. Add as much as you want.
- Sprinkle some Flour over Seafood and roughly coat, add to the Cabbage mixture, then mix to combine. If the batter is too runny, add extra Flour.
- Line a large baking tay (OR 2 trays) with baking paper. Spread the mixture and form large pancakes, in oblong or rectangle shape.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden, and the Seafood are cooked.
- Place the Okonomiyaki on a large plate or board. Dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle Aonori (Dried Green Laver Flakes) if you have it, and serve immediately.