I don’t like store-bought Sausage Rolls. My husband’s mother taught me how to make Sausage Rolls using the store-bought Sausage Mince, but I don’t like the Sausage Mince. I use good quality thick Gourmet Sausages for a shortcut. Using store-bough Frozen Butter Puff Pastry, these Sausage Rolls are super easy to make, and they taste really good.
2 to 3 Servings
4 (*about 350g) Uncooked Thick Sausages of your choice *casing removed
*Note: Choose good quality thick Sausages. I used Italian Style Pork Sausages today.
1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dust a flat work surface such as a cutting board with Flour, place a sheet of Butter Puff Pastry, and cut in half.
- Remove casing from the Sausages. Place two Sausages along the long edge, roll up, then set aside, sealed side down. Repeat with the other half sheet of Puff Pastry and remaining Sausages.
- Cut each Sausage Roll into 6 pieces, arrange on the prepared tray, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes OR until nicely browned and cooked through. *Note: You can cut them into larger pieces. Alter the baking time.
- Serve with your favourite sauce. Today I served with Ketchup.