Vegemite, the iconic Australian savoury spread. I hated it for many years, but I enjoy it now. The other day, I made Vegemite & Cheese Puff Pastry Twists. It seems many people are making them, but I found they tasted very bland. I decided to add ground Chilli, and it was a good idea. Chilli and Vegemite are a good match. You got to try it if you have never eaten Vegemite and Chilli together.
1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry *thawed
3 teaspoons Vegemite *OR spread as much as you want
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut a sheet Butter Puff Pastry in half. Spread Vegemite on one 1/2 sheet evenly.
- Sprinkle with Ground Chilli and cover with grated Parmesan.
- Cover with the other 1/2 sheet and gently press down so that two sheets stick to each other. Cut into 3 pieces, then cut each piece into 6 strips.
- Press both ends of each strip slightly so that layers stick to each other, then twist the strip (I twisted twice), then place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes OR until golden brown, then place on a wire rack to cool.