Cooking Okonomiyaki takes time, especially when you make many. Why don’t you bake it in oven just like pizza? You can make very large Okonomiyaki at a time and you don’t need to flip it over. Again I listed Pork and Cabbage in this recipe. These can be substituted for any ingredients at all. Because this is ‘Okonomiyaki’, you can use whatever you like.
4 to 6 Servings
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
2 cups Water
1 pinch Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dashi Power *optional
1/2 Cabbage *add as much as you like if you can combine with the batter
200-300g Thinly Sliced Pork Belly
Ham, Seafood, Sausage, Cheese, Bacon, Onion, Spring Onion, Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Make batter by mixing the Flour, Water, Eggs, Salt and Dashi Powder.
- Add shredded cabbage to the batter and mix it well. You may add more vegetables and other ingredients to it. If the batter is too runny, add extra Flour.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Spread the cabbage mixture on the trays and cover with thinly sliced pork. You may wish to place other ingredients on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pork is brown and crisp and the cabbage mixture is cooked.
- Place the Okonomiyaki on a large plate or board. Dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle Katsuobushi, Aonori or Benishooga (Pickled Ginger) if you have, and serve.
Leave a Reply