Slightly sweet soy flavoured beef mixture on top of cold Udon Noodles. Pour ‘Mentsuyu’ over and enjoy. ‘Mentsuyu’ is a Japanese sauce for cold noodles often used as a dipping sauce, but it can be used as seasoning sauce as well. Find the recipe here.
4 servings Udon Noodles *frozen type recommended
500 to 600g Beef Steaks
1 small piece Ginger *cut into fine strips
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 tablespoon Oil
- Thinly slice Beef Steaks and Onion, cut Ginger into fine strips.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook Beef and Onion until Beef changes colour.
- Add Mirin and Soy Sauce, and keep cooking until the sauce thickens and almost gone.
- Cook Udon as instructed, then rinse in cold water to cool. Drain well. *Note: I recommend frozen type Udon. As the frozen Udon are already cooked, just warm in the boiling water, then cool in cold water.
- Place drained cold Udon Noodles in a bowl, cover with Beef mixture, sprinkle some chopped Spring Onion, pour Mentsuyu over and serve.
- *Tip Sprinkle some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Powder) for spiciness.