Savoury Carrot Mousse is often served at restaurants, but I much prefer sweet Carrot Mousse. Many people use Carrot for baked sweets but not for cold sweets. Today I added Yoghurt and Whipped Cream to my ‘Carrot Jelly’ and made this Mousse. This Mousse is not very sweet and I added Orange Sauce, but Apricot Sauce OR Condensed Milk would be nice, too.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Water
1 Carrot *about 100g, peeled and very thinly sliced
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier *optional
1/2 cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1-2 teaspoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Place Milk and Carrot in a sauce pan and cook over medium to low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until Carrot is tender.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder evenly over 2 tablespoons of Water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- When Carrot is tender, using a stick blender or blender mixer, make it smooth. Add Gelatine and stir until completely dissolved. Then add Sugar, Grand Marnier and Greek Yoghurt, and mix well. Cool until it starts thickening.
- Whip Thickened Cream until soft peaks form, add to the cooled mixture that has started thickening, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses. Place in the fridge until set completely.
- Mix Orange Juice, Sugar and Grand Marnier in a cup to make Orange Sauce. Serve the Mousse with the sauce. *Note: Apricot Sauce OR Condensed Milk would be nice, too.