At a supermarket, I saw someone buying a sachet of cheese flavoured potato bake seasoning mix. I had a look at the ingredients printed on the package, and they are Modified Starch (1422), Mineral Salt (339), Iodised Salt, Maltodextrin (from Corn), Yeast Extract, Vegetable Fat, Sugar, Emulsifier (471), Flavours (contain Milk), Food Acid (Citric), Colour (Annatto), Milk Solids, Cheese, Mustard, White Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Parsley.
My recipe requires Cream, Butter, Cheese, Salt & Pepper, and Parsley.
Large Potatoes 4 to 5 *about 1kg, peeled, sliced 2-3mm thick
Cream 1/2 cup
Butter 20g *cut into small cubes
Tasty Cheese 1 cup *shredded, about 100g
Salt & Pepper
Parsley 1 tablespoon *finely chopped
*Extra Butter OR Oil to grease the baking dish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking dish with a small amount of Butter OR Oil.
- Arrange half of the sliced Potatoes in the prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Scatter half of the cubed Butter. Arrange the remaining Potatoes neatly this time, sprinkle Salt & Pepper, and cubed Butter, then press down into the dish.
- Pour over Cream, then cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil, cover with the shredded Tasty Cheese, and bake for further 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped parsley and serve.