This type of rice dish similar to ‘Paella’ is hard to cook without a good source of heat. I have tried some different methods and now I believe the easiest and the best method is baking in the oven after cooking over the cooktop.
500g Chicken Thigh Fillets
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion *finely chopped
2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
1 Chorizo *diced
1 tablespoon Ground Paprika
1 can (400g) Diced Tomatoes
360ml Chicken Stock
2 x 180ml cups (*360ml) Medium Grain Rice
1/2 cup Frozen Peas *thawed
1 tablespoon Parsley *finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Cut Chicken Thigh Fillets into chunky pieces, lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in an oven-safe shallow pan or a skillet over medium heat and cook Chicken until slightly brown, and transfer to a plate.
- Cook Onion, Garlic and diced Chorizo until Onion is soft. Add Ground Paprika and stir, and add Tomatoes and Chicken Stock. Stir in Rice evenly and return Chicken, then bring back to the boil. Season with Salt & Pepper as required, but you might need no additional Salt.
- Cover with the lid or cover tightly with foil. Place in the oven, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Peas and chopped Parsley and serve.