One day I simply placed the leftover Cinnamon Crumble mixture on top of some cupcakes and baked them. It worked perfectly. Then next time, I added Apple and Sultanas to the cupcake mixture. Here is my new recipe of Cinnamon Crumble Apple Cupcakes to share with you.
12 Large Cupcakes
125g Butter *softened
1/2 to 3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Milk
2 Apple *peeled and chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup Sultanas
50g Butter *softened
50g Caster Sugar
50g Self-Raising Flour
*Note: The amount of Flour can be increased as long as the mixture turns into crumbles.
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Make cinnamon crumble by mixing all ingredients well.
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add Eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add Apples & Sultanas and combine, then Flour & Milk and combine all well.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Place some cinnamon crumble on top of each.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto wire rack to cool.