A few weeks ago, I became crazy about Coconut Milk and made cakes and desserts using it. I tried to make Coconut Ice Cream as well. I tried an easy recipe that I found on the internet. It was NOT very good. The texture was not smooth and it was too salty as I added 1/4 teaspoon Salt. I altered the recipe and I tried to improve the texture using the method that I use for ‘Strawberry Sorbet’, and it worked well. This Coconut Ice Cream is very smooth and tastes lighter than expected. You would wish to enjoy it with some fruit such as Mango.
2 to 3 Servings
1 can (400ml) Coconut Milk
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) Caster Sugar *1 tablespoon is 15ml
1 pinch Salt
1 tablespoon Corn Starch
Toasted Sweetened Shredded Coconut for topping *optional
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, bring to the boil, and simmer for 1 minute. Allow it to cool.
- When cool enough, pour the mixture into a container, and place in the freezer for several hours OR until frozen.
- Take out the frozen mixture. If it is difficult, slightly warm the bottom of the container in warm water. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Place in a food processor, leave them for 5 minutes to soften slightly, then process until smooth. Retune to the container and place in the freezer for 1 hour OR until firm.
- *Note: To soften completely frozen Ice Cream, leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes OR until softened.
Leave a Reply