The other day, I baked ‘Coconut Cake’. As it was made with Desiccated Coconut, it had grainy texture. Some people like the grainy texture of Coconut Cake, but some people don’t. So, today I made this cake without Desiccated Coconut. It’s actually based on my ‘Pancakes‘ recipe. I used Coconut Milk and added some melted Butter. This cake smells amazing.
18cm Round Cake Tin
*Note: Standard size Loaf Tin is also suitable as this cake cracks like Pound Cake.
60g Butter *melted
3/4 cup Caster Sugar *reduce to 1/2 cup for less sweet cake
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 can (270g) Coconut Milk *about 1 cup (250ml)
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract *optional
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Rum
Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line the base and sides of 18cm round cake tin with baking paper. *Note: You can use a similar size tin in any shape. Standard size loaf tin is also suitable as this cake cracks like Pound Cake.
- Beat melted Butter, Sugar and Salt. Add Eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Add Coconut Milk and Vanilla, and beat until smooth and blended well. Sift in Flour and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin, spread evenly, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes OR until cooked though.
- Turn out on the wire rack. Carefully peel away baking paper, then leave to cool.
- Decoration is optional. Today I decorated with whipped Cream and Sweetened Shredded Coconut.