‘Hiyayakko’, a Japanese dish of chilled Tofu, can be enjoyed with a variety of toppings. One of the popular toppings is ‘Nametake’. You don’t need to purchase a jar of ‘Nametake’ from stores as it is easy to cook if you have fresh Enoki Mushrooms. This recipe includes how to cook 1 serving of ‘Nametake’, but it is a good idea to cook a larger amount as ‘Nametake’ Enoki can be enjoyed with Rice, Noodles and Pasta. It can be used for cooking as well.
3 to 4 tablespoons ‘Nametake’ *see ‘Method 1’
1/2 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1 Egg *softly cooked Egg, e.g. Poached Egg
1 packet (300g) Silken Tofu *OR other soft type Tofu
80g Enoki Mushrooms
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Mirin
- If you cook 1 serving ‘Nametake’ just for this dish, cut off the brown bottom of Enoki Mushrooms, clean them, and cut into 3-4cm long pieces.
- Place Enoki pieces in a small frying pan OR saucepan, add Soy Sauce and Mirin, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soft.
- Add finely chopped Spring Onion to ‘Nametake’ and mix to combine.
- Cook Egg softly. Today I poached it.
- Remove excess water from Tofu, place in serving bowl OR plate, cover with ‘Nametake’ mixture, place the softly cooked Egg on top, and enjoy.