Using ‘Abura-age’ (Fried Thin Tofu), this “Crispy Tofu’ can be made quickly and easily. You can add it to Salads just like Croutons, or you can enjoy as it is with your favourite condiment or sauce. Season it with Salt if you prefer, depending on what you use it. Absolutely versatile. And you know it is Tofu, made from Soy Beans, nutritious and gluten-free.
Abura-age (Fried Thin Tofu)
Sesame Oil *optional
- Wrap Abura-age with paper towel and warm in microwave. Then gently press it to remove excess oil. *Note: You can do this process using a frying pan.
- Cut Abura-age into small pieces or strips. You may wish to season with Salt. Stir-fry in a frying pan over medium low heat until slightly browned and crispy. A small amount of Sesame Oil can add extra flavour.
- *Note: Do not over-cook it as it will become crumbly.
- Crispy Tofu can be added to a variety of Salads, or enjoy with your favourite condiment or sauce.
- With Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes), Spring Onion and Soy Sauce
- With Kimchi, Spring Onion and Toasted Sesame Seeds
Leave a Reply