When you stir-fry Eggplant with other ingredients, cooking time can be an issue. Today I cooked Eggplant with thinly sliced Pork. How would you cook these two ingredients together? My method is pre-cook Eggplant in the microwave. Once you have done it, this dish can be cooked very quickly.
1 Eggplant *200 to 250g
1 tablespoon Oil *plus extra
150g thinly sliced Pork Belly *cut into bite-size pieces
1 pinch Salt
2 teaspoons Curry Powder
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
1 small clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
- Cut Eggplant into the size that is easy to eat. Today I cut it in quarters in lengthways, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place Eggplant pieces in a heat-proof bowl, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Oil, and toss to coat each piece with Oil. Microwave for 2 minutes, toss, then microwave for 1 more minute. *Note: Alter the cooking time depending on the power of your microwave. I used 1000W power.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a small amount Oil in a frying pan or wok, and cook Pork pieces. When lightly browned, add Salt and Curry Powder, then add the half-cooked Eggplant pieces, and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the Sauce and stir to combine. When the sauce is almost gone, it’s done. It won’t take long. Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the mixture.
Leave a Reply