Your Curry Powder is not only for Indian dishes. I use it for Japanese dishes a lot. Everyone loves Curry flavour and it is really good with Soy Sauce. This dish is based on my ‘Pork Shogayaki (Ginger Pork)’ recipe. Tomato adds extra sweetness and fruitiness to the flavour.
200g thinly sliced Pork Belly
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon Plain Flour *optional
1 teaspoon Oil
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Curry Powder *Indian or Asian
1 Tomato *diced
2 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1 clove Garlic *grated
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Mirin
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut thinly sliced Pork Belly into the size that is easy to eat. Lightly season with Salt & Pepper. Sprinkle with Flour and coat very lightly.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, apply a small amount of Oil, and cook Pork Slices. When Pork changes colour, add thinly sliced Onion, and stir-fry until Onion is soft.
- Sprinkle with Curry Powder and stir. Add Tomato and the sauce, and stir-fry for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice, cover with Pork mixture, sprinkle with Spring Onion and enjoy.