I never knew any vegetables that smells and tastes like Fennel. When I tried it for the first time, it reminded me the smell of insect repellent and I did not think I could eat it. But it is now one of my favourite vegetables and I have been on this fennel craze for a while. This ‘Fennel & Orange Salad’ is my specialty and I have been making it repeatedly. I just love it!
Fennel 1 bulb *thinly sliced
Onion 1/4 *thinly sliced
Oranges 2 to 3 *peeled and sliced 5mm thick
Fennel Leaves 1 tablespoon *OR Dill
Lemon Juice 1 to 2 tablespoons
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Combine Lemmon Juice, Salt, Sugar and Pepper in a large bowl.
- Cut the Fennel bulb in half and thinly slice just like you slice an onion. Save some Fennel leaves for topping.
- Place thinly sliced Fennel and Onion into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Peel the Oranges and slice about 5mm thick, add to the bowl and gently combine.
- Sprinkle with the saves Fennel leaves.
Leave a Reply