I make this salad very often because it is very popular among my family members. It can be a great side dish for a variety of main dishes. I always season simply with Salt and Black Pepper, and add Fetta which is essential for this salad. It’s a very versatile salad. You might wish to add some Spices and Herbs.
1 medium to large Eggplant
1 Capsicum *Today I used 1/2 Green Capsicum and 1/2 Red Capsicum
Salt & Black Pepper
*Note: Add Herbs and Spices of your choice. e.g. Oregano, Parsley, etc.
- Cut Eggplant in half lengthways if large, and slice about 8mm thick. Cut Zucchini also 8mm thick slices, and Capsicum into 4-5cm size pieces.
- Place Eggplant pieces in a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, and toss to coat. Heat a grill pan (OR frying pan) over medium heat, and cook Eggplant pieces until both sides are nicely browned. Transfer into a separate mixing bowl.
- *Note: If you use a frying pan, you can oil the pan instead of coating Vegetables with Oil.
- Coat Zucchini pieces with Olive Oil adding extra Oil if needed, and cook in a grill pan (OR frying pan) until both sides are nicely browned. Transfer to the mixing bowl.
- Coat Capsicum pieces with Oil, and cook until both sides are nicely browned.
- Season with Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, OR add Spices and Herbs of your choice, then add crumbled Fetta and mix to combine.
Hi Hiroko! you should have a way to share your recipes to Pinterest. that way I’m sure they’d be widely shared!
Hi Rachel. Thank you for your suggestion. I have been aware about it. One day when I change the website design, I will keep the SNS sharing issue in mind.