This ‘Spaghetti Monster’ can be a popular dish on your Halloween dinner table. I am certain young children would love it. Basically you can use your favourite Pasta Sauce OR Pesto. To make the dish look like a monster, create eyes (you may prefer one large eye) using Bocconcini (Mozzarella Balls), boiled Egg, OR whatever suitable.
Tuna & Mayo Spaghetti
*Ingredients for 1 Serving
1 serving Spaghetti
1 can (95g) Tuna *I used Tuna in Springwater
1 tablespoon Toasted Black Sesame Seeds *ground
1 tablespoon finely chopped Onion
1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
2-3 tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper
1 Boiled Egg *cut in half
1 small piece Nori *cut out into small rounds
- Cook Spaghetti in boiling salted water as instructed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine drained Tuna, ground Black Sesame Seeds, Onion, Soy Sauce and Mayonnaise. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. *Note: The amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of Tuna.
- Drain cooked Spaghetti, cool under cold water, drain, add to the Tuna mixture, and mix to combine.
- Decorate with Boiled Egg and Nori.
- *Note: You can use your favourite Pasta Sauce OR Pesto to make Spaghetti Monster. The picture below is Wholemeal Spaghetti mixed with ‘Tapenade (Olives & Capers Paste)’, and decorated with Bocconcini and Olives.