This is supposed to be a ‘Somen’ dish. ‘Somen’ is the thinnest Japanese noodles, but it is not easy for many of us to find. ‘Somen’ can be easily substituted with Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta). This is a Korean inspired dish. Well-fermented Kimchi is best suitable.
1 serving Capellini (Angel Hair Pasta) OR ‘Somen’ Noodles
1/4 cup Kimchi *cut into the size that is easy to eat
1 Egg *‘Onsen Tamago’ OR Poached Egg
1/4 sheet Toasted Nori *torn into small pieces
1/2 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso)
1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1/2 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add Kimchi and set aside.
- Egg can be cooked in the microwave. Find how to cook ‘Onsen Tamago’ in the microwaved here.
- Cook Capellini (OR Somen) as instructed. DO NOT add salt to the water if you use Somen as Somen is already slated.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and rinse well in COLD water, and drain well again. Add to the sauce and combine.
- Place in a serving bowl, add Nori, Spring Onion and Egg, and enjoy.