When you saw something delicious and knew you could’t have it, what would you do? I would try to make it by myself. I saw this dessert on the internet. They say a convenience store chain in Japan is selling it. My copy looks like it, and tastes great!
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Eggs *room temperature
1 cup Cream
1/2 cup Milk
1 tablespoon Brandy OR Rum
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
2 tablespoons Matcha Powder *sifted
100ml Cream *whipped with 1 to 2 teaspoons Caster Sugar
Roasted Walnuts *coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160℃.
- Process all the cheesecake ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have food processor or blender, mix all ingredients very well using electric beater or hand mixer.
- Place 6 ramekins or serving cups in the roasting pan. Pour the mixture into the ramekins, then pour boiling water to the pan about 1cm deep.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely. I recommend to chill in the fridge when cool enough.
- To make Muscovado Syrup, mix 2 tablespoons Muscovado (dark brown sugar) and 1 tablespoon Hot Water in a heat-proof bowl. Bring to the boil in the microwave and allow to cool. *Note: The syrup will thicken when it cools.
- Decorate the Cheesecake Dessert with whipped Cream, Walnuts and Muscovado Syrup.