I have been thinking what I should call this cake. This is not ‘Brownie’ because it is not brown. It’s green but I can’t call it ‘Greenie’ because it just sounds awful. Then I ended up calling it ‘Matcha & White Chocolate Brownie’. The Macadamia nuts are optional but I recommend this addition. I have made this cake with Almonds or Walnuts, and I truly believe Macadamia Nuts are the best option. Did you know that Macadamia nuts are native to Australia?
28cm Brownie Tin
200g White Chocolate
1/4 to 1/2 Caster Sugar *1/4 cup is sweet enough for me
2 Large Eggs *lightly whisked
3/4 cup Plain Flour OR Self-Raising Flour
1 to 2 tablespoons Matcha Powder
100g Macadamia Nuts *coarsely chopped
Extra Matcha Powder OR/AND Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Line the brownie tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place Butter and White Chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Alternatively you can do this process using the microwave.
- Stir in the Eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and mix well.
- Combine Flour, Sugar and Matcha Powder in a separate bowl. Fold into the chocolate mixture, add Macadamia Nuts and stir until just combined. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked though. Leave to cool in the pan as the cake is very soft and delicate. Cut into squares and dust with Matcha Powder or/and Powdered Sugar.
Leave a Reply