For my lunch, I want something nutritious, easy & quick to cook, and doesn’t cost much. Again, rice bowl dishes are ideal. This ‘Mince & Wombok Rice Bowl’ meets all those conditions. Minced meat can be pork or chicken. Tofu would be also good. Why don’t you try it?
Wombok (Chinese Cabbage) 1/4 *OR 5 to 6 large leaves
Pork Mince / Chicken Mince 150 to 200g
Ginger 1 small piece *grated OR finely sliced into strips
Sesame Oil 1 teaspoon
Chicken Stock 1/2 cup *OR Water 1/2 cup & Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder 1/2 teaspoon
White Miso 2 tablespoons *mild type recommended
Mirin 1 to 2 tablespoons *OR 1 to 2 teaspoons Sugar
Salt & White Pepper
Potato Starch / Corn Starch 1/2 tablespoons *mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Freshly Cooked Rice 2 servings
- Cut Wombok leaves into 1-2cm in length and separate white thick pieces and soft pieces.
- Add Sesame Oil in a heated large frying pan or wok over high heat, cook Pork Mince, Ginger and white pieces of Wombok. When Pork changed colour, add soft pieces of Wombok and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add Chicken Stock, Miso and Mirin and season with Salt and White Pepper as required. *Note: You might need no salt at all.
- When Wombok is soft, gradually add Starch Flour mixture, stirring well, to thicken the sauce.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice and cover it with the mince & wombok mixture.