Miso and Mozzarella are a good match. Have you tried my ‘Bocconcini & Cherry Tomatoes With Basil Miso Sauce’? It is absolutely delicious. This is another collaboration of Miso and Mozzarella. If you doubt, you have to try it. You can replace Tofu with Eggplant.
450 to 500g Firm Tofu *I used ALDI’s Organic Tofu
Mozzarella *dried and shredded, OR use Pizza Mix
*Today I used 12 Bocconcini cherries.
Finely chopped Spring Onion
2 tablespoons Miso
1 tablespoon Mirin
1 to 2 teaspoons Sugar
1 pinch Ground Chilli
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Dry a block of Firm Tofu with paper towel and cut horizontally into 4 slices. (Today I used ALDI’s Organic Tofu which is quite large and it was not easy to slice evenly. So I cut it in half, then sliced.) Season lightly with Salt, but Salt is optional.
- Drizzle Oil over a baking tray and place Tofu slices.
- Combine all the Miso Sauce ingredients and spread on the Tofu slices. Then place some shredded OR torn Mozzarella (OR Pizza Mix) on top.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the Mozzarella is melted and browned. Sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and serve.
Leave a Reply