No-bake Cheesecake can be made without Gelatine and I have a recipe ‘Super Easy No-bake Cheesecake’. Today I added Gelatine and the cheesecake had an excellent texture. I made a top layer of Lemon Curd that is also softly set. Everyone enjoyed it and I am quite happy with the result. This No-bake Cheesecake is easier than my other recipe ‘Basic No-bake Cheesecake’ which requires Yoghurt.
18cm (OR 20cm) Round Springform Cake Tin
125g Sweet Biscuits *made into fine crumbles
*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits might need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream or Milk.
2-3 tablespoons Water
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
1/2 cup Milk
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 cup (250ml) Thickened Cream OR Heavy Cream *whipped
Lemon Curd Topping
1 cup Lemon Curd *at room temperature
2 tablespoons Water
1 teaspoon Gelatine Powder
- For the base, mix finely crumbled Biscuit and melted Butter until moist crumbs. If too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons Cream or Milk.
- Line the base and sides of a springform cake tin with baking paper, place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base. Set aside in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat Milk in a small saucepan and bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese, Sugar and Lemon Juice. Add the Milk & Gelatine mixture, and mix well. Whip Cream until soft peaks form, add to the mixture, and combine well. Pour over the base in the cake tin. Place the tin in the fridge and leave to set.
- To make Lemon Curd Topping, sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until hot, but do not boil. Using a whisk, quickly mix it with Lemon Curd that shouldn’t be cold.
- Pour the Lemon Curd mixture over the set cheesecake, and place the tin back in the fridge and leave to set completely.
- Take out the cheesecake from the tin, remove the baking paper, and transfer the cake to a serving plate.