I was going to cook Brioche French Toast. French Toast needs to be cooked at low heat and it actually takes quite a long time. I prepared 4 slices of Brioche Bread and they didn’t fit in my frying pan. I didn’t want to cook 2 batches. So, I tried to bake them in the oven. Why have I never cooked French Toast in the oven before? It is a brilliant method, especially when you cook many. I didn’t use Butter at all, so this French Toast is healthy, but you may prefer common frying pan method.
4 thick slices Brioche Bread *I used each slice 11cm x 10cm in size
*Note: Brioche Bread should be dry. If not dry, leave them in warm oven for a while.
3/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Caster Sugar *DO NOT increase too much as Brioche is sweet
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, combine Eggs, Milk, Caster Sugar and Vanilla Extract.
- Place the Brioche Bread slices in a large dish and pour the mixture over. After a few minutes, turn them over and allow them to suck up all the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper OR grease with Butter.
- Place the Brioche Bread slices on the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes OR until nicely browned and plump.
- Enjoy with Jam, Thickened Cream, Maple Syrup, Butter, Fresh Berries, etc.
Leave a Reply