I had never used Mayonnaise and Oyster Sauce together to season anything before. As I have seen many recipes on the internet, I decided to try some of them. Mayonnaise is mainly made of Oil. When it is heated, it turns to liquid oil. The dishes that I tried to cook all turned very oily, but the flavour was quite good. For a better result, I recommend to coat Chicken with Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch). DO NOT add too much Mayonnaise. More Mayonnaise means oilier result and it won’t make the dish tastier.
1 Chicken Thigh Fillet OR Breast Fillet *160-180g
Salt & White Pepper
1 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch
1 teaspoon Oil *I used Canola Oil
1/2 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
Sautéed Green Vegetable to serve *I added sautéed Choy Sum seasoned with Salt, White Pepper and a little bit of Soy Sauce
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) *OR Ground Chilli
- Cook Green Vegetable of your choice. Today I sautéed Choy Sum, and seasoned with Salt, White Pepper and a little bit of Soy Sauce.
- Cut Chicken into bite-size pieces, season with Salt & White Pepper, and coat with Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch).
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium low heat, cook Chicken until cooked through. Remove from heat and use paper towel to remove excess oil in the pan.
- Add Oyster Sauce and Mayonnaise, and mix to combine.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice, and arrange Green Vegetable and Chicken on the Rice. Sprinkle with some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and enjoy.