This is a quick and easy Risotto recipe for busy people. Computerised rice cookers are so smart and they can do many things. If your rice cooker has ‘Quick Cook’ setting, please use it for ‘al dente’ result. It’s a great idea to add some sliced Mushrooms as well. You may wish to add Baby Spinach. A delicious dish can be ready while you are doing other thing.
1 tablespoon Olive Oil *OR Butter if you prefer
1/2 Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
*Note: You can add some sliced Mushrooms.
1 cup (*180ml cup) Arborio Rice
2 cups (500ml) Chicken Stock OR Stock of your choice *cooled OR cold
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine) OR Dry White Wine
50g Pancetta *cut into small pieces
1/2 cup Peas *thawed if frozen
1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Finely chopped Parsley
- Heat Olive Oil (OR Butter) in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic for a few minutes. (It’s a great idea to add some sliced Mushrooms.) Remove from heat, add Arborio Rice, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add cold Chicken Stock (OR Stock of your choice) and Rice Wine (OR White Wine), and add Black Pepper as required. *Note: DO NOT add Salt at this point, as Pancetta is very salty.
- Scatter Pancetta, and press COOK’ button to start cooking. If your rice cooker has ‘Quit Cook’ setting, please use it.
- When rice is cooked, add Peas, Parmesan and Butter, and mix to combine. (If you add some Baby Spinach, add them very last.) *Note: Add Salt if required after everything is cooked, but you won’t need it.
- Sprinkle with some extra Black Pepper and finely chopped Parsley, and enjoy.