The other day, I saw Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies that can be made with Peanut Butter only. It reminded me an old recipe that I wrote when I tried to make ‘ANZAC Biscuits’ with Peanut Butter. The biscuits were too heavy and too overwhelming, and I gave up on the recipe. I tried the old recipe with Peanut Butter only, without Butter, but it didn’t work. I needed to omit Flour, and alter the amount of other ingredients. It ended up such a simple cookie recipe.
1/2 cup Chunky Peanut Butter *about 100g
1/4 cup Golden Syrup *Maple Syrup can be used
*Note: 1/4 cup Golden Syrup makes these cookies sweet like ANZAC Biscuits, but you may wish to reduce the amount. If you reduce it, you might need to reduce dry ingredients.
1 cup Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the over to 160℃. Line a baking tray with Baking paper.
- Place Chunky Peanut Butter and Golden Syrup in a heat-proof mixing bowl, microwave for 20 seconds to soften them, so that it would be easy to mix with Oats.
- Add Oats and Desiccated Coconut, and combine well. The mixture would be firm and not sticky. Add extra Oats if sticky.
- Divide the mixture into 15 balls, and roll each ball FIRMLY into a thin round, about 5cm in diameter.
- Bake for 15 minutes OR until nicely browned. If the cookies turn brown too quickly, lower the temperature. *Note: Be cautious these cookies can turn brown quickly.
- Cool the cookies on the tray until hard enough to transfer to a wire rack. *Note: The cookies will harden as they cool.