Much easier and quicker than making a meatloaf or a cottage pie. You do not pre-cook anything. Just combine everything and fill a baking dish, then cover with shredded potatoes and cheese. Sounds interesting? Once you have tried it, it becomes a part of your repertoire.
Pork Mince 500g
Onion 1 *finely chopped
Garlic 1 clove *finely chopped
Sage 10 leaves *OR herbs of your choice
‘Panko’ Bread Crumbs 1 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Freshly Cracked Pepper
Potatoes 3 to 4
Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Tasty Cheese 1/2 cup *shredded
Parsley 1 tablespoon *finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Place Bread Crumbs and Milk in a large bowl, mix to combine and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add Pork Mince, Onion, Garlic and the sliced Sage leaves, season with Salt & Pepper, and combine all well. Fill a lightly oiled baking dish with the pork mixture.
- Peel the skin of potatoes, then shred using a grater. Alternatively slice them into fine strips. A lot of water should come out, so drain and lightly press down to remove water.
- Place the shredded potato in a heat-proof bowl, add 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper, then mix to combine. Heat in the Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. *Note: This heating process can be skipped but recommended.
- Cover the pork mixture with the potato mixture, then scatter the shredded Tasty Cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden.
- Sprinkle the chopped Parsley over and serve. *I forgot the Parsley for this photo.